GOOSE CREEK, S.C.–Lidl, one of the world’s largest retailers, recently confirmed that it’s getting ready to open its first Lowcountry location in a few weeks.
The German-based chain will open its 36,170-square-foot supermarket at 8 a.m. Nov. 30 at 435 St. James Ave. in Goose Creek. Construction on the building started earlier this year.
It’s the 10th location in South Carolina for the Germany-based retailer. By next Summer, Lidl plans to open up to 100 stores across the East Coast, creating a total of 5,000 U.S. jobs.
According to Lidl officials, Lowcountry shoppers can expect to get top quality goods and groceries at up to 50 percent less than other supermarkets in the United States.
“We are proud to be driving prices down for customers around our stores,” said Will Harwood, a Lidl U.S. spokesman. “This ‘Lidl effect’ is great news, not just for Lidl customers, but for everyone who shops in the areas surrounding our stores.”
During the grand opening in Goose Creek, the first 100 customers will receive a wooden coin for a chance to win up to $100 in Lidl gift cards. Shoppers can also sample some of Lidl’s products and get a complimentary Lidl reusable bag while supplies last. Games, activities, prizes, special deals and giveaways will continue during grand opening weekend.
For Lowcountry shoppers they can also expect to see the following:
- Newly-Built, Beautiful Stores and Easy-to-Shop Layouts: All Lidl stores opening this Summer will be newly constructed facilities, featuring a manageable, easy-to-shop layout of 20,000 square feet with only six aisles.
- Fresh Baked Goods: Customers will be greeted each day with the smell of Lidl’s top-quality breads and pastries, which are baked fresh throughout the day. A bakery will be located at the entrance of each store.
- Healthy, Sustainable Choices: Lidl is committed to offering a wide range of healthy and sustainable options. All fresh and frozen seafood in Lidl’s everyday assortment will be certified
sustainable by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP), or the Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC). Lidl’s high quality private label products will not have certified synthetic colors, trans fats or added MSG.
- Organic and Gluten Free Options: Lidl will carry a variety of organic and gluten-free items including organic fruit, vegetables, meat, dairy, and packaged food items, which will all be available at the lowest possible prices.
- Lidl’s Top Quality Products: About 90 percent of the high quality groceries available at Lidl will be exclusive brand products. Each product on Lidl shelves will be rigorously tested to ensure that it meets our high quality standards. Several items have already won acclaim in the United States, including award-winning cheeses recognized in the 2017 Los Angeles International Dairy Competition.
- Lidl Surprises: Lidl offers an ever-changing selection of non-food products each week that will be in stores for a limited time. The selection will include fitness gear, small kitchen appliances, toys, and outdoor furniture, among other non-food items. To learn more about Lidl promotions, watch this video.
- Lidl is open during prime shopping times. Stores will be open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Sunday.
Lidl operates more than 10,000 stores in 28 countries, offering customers the highest quality fresh produce, meat, bakery items and a wide array of household products at the lowest
Lidl first established its U.S. headquarters in Arlington County, Virginia in June 2015. Since then, it has announced regional headquarters and distribution centers in Spotsylvania County, Virginia, Alamance County, North Carolina, Cecil County, Maryland and Bartow County, Georgia. For more information, visit www.lidl.com.
Latest posts by Nikki Gaskins Campbell (see all)
- 2 People Dead Following Moncks Corner Mobile Home Fire - January 7, 2018
- USPS Delivery Truck Flips Upside Down on Icy Road - January 7, 2018
- Two Hanahan Firefighters Struck by Firetruck While Responding to Accident - January 3, 2018