MONCKS CORNER, S.C. — Get ready to make heartfelt family memories when Celebrate The Season’s Holiday Lights Driving Tour kicks off the holiday season on Friday, Nov. 24, from 6 to 9:30 p.m. New this year, the Holiday Fairs will take place at the Moncks Corner Regional Recreation Complex and will feature outdoor movie nights and bigger amusement rides. Holiday Fairs begin Dec. 2 during the Moncks Corner Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting, which starts at 6 p.m. and features the S.C. State Marching Band.
“We’re excited to partner with Santee Cooper and Berkeley Electric Cooperative in a wonderful holiday tradition that gives back to the community,” said Mayor Michael Lockliear with the Town of Moncks Corner. “This year, a portion of the proceeds will be used in Moncks Corner to build a special needs field, the first of its kind in Berkeley County.”
“Because of the generosity of the Town of Moncks Corner and our sponsors, including Berkeley Electric Cooperative, this truly is a community event,” said Pamela Williams, Santee Cooper’s senior vice president of corporate services. “We’re excited to welcome visitors to this fun, family-friendly festival.”
Admission is only $5 per vehicle, which includes the Holiday Lights Driving Tour and the Holiday Fairs, on the days the fairs take place. Vehicles can make repeat loops through the display route on the night of admission. Celebrate The Season events include:
Holiday Lights Driving Tour
- Enter at 1 Riverwood Dr., Moncks Corner
- 6 to 9:30 p.m. from Nov. 24-Dec. 30 (closed Dec. 24, 25 & 26)
- Thousands of brilliant lights on beautiful displays along a picturesque route
- $5 per vehicle (includes admission to Holiday Fairs on days fairs take place)
- Proceeds donated to local charities
- Free repeat visits through the lights on the nights you visit
- Energy-efficient LEDs are powered with 100 percent Green Power from Santee Cooper
Weekend Holiday Fairs
- Enter at Moncks Corner Regional Recreation Complex, 418 E. Main St., Moncks Corner
- 2-3, Dec. 8-10, Dec. 15-17 and Dec. 22-23
- 6 to 9:30 p.m.
- $5 per vehicle (includes admission to Holiday Lights Driving Tour)
- Proceeds donated to local charities
- Visits and photos with Santa Claus
- Live entertainment, marshmallow roasting and s’mores, hot chocolate, Ferris wheel and carousel rides, train rides, and other fun attractions (additional charges apply to some of these)
- Craft show featuring items for sale by local artisans
- Outdoor movie nights on Dec. 9, 16 & 23
Celebrate The Season, in its 7th year, is an annual charitable, month-long celebration organized by Santee Cooper, Old Santee Canal Park and the Town of Moncks Corner. Presenting is Berkeley Electric Cooperative. Continuing its tradition of giving, proceeds from the lights show and festival will be donated to charities serving Berkeley County. Since 2011, Celebrate The Season donated more than $712,700 to local organizations like Coastal Community Foundation’s Giving Back to Berkeley Fund and the Berkeley County Museum and Heritage Center. Visit www.celebratetheseason.org for more information.
Also returning this year is the charitable Tinsel Trot 2-mile Fun Run & Walk, which takes place from 5:30-8 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 18, and gives participants a “sneaker preview” of the colorful light displays. Registration information can be found at www.celebratetheseason.org/tinseltrot.
Santee Cooper is South Carolina’s largest power provider, the largest Green Power generator and the ultimate source of electricity for 2 million people across the state. Through its low-cost, reliable and environmentally responsible electricity and water services, and through innovative partnerships and initiatives that attract and retain industry and jobs, Santee Cooper powers South Carolina. To learn more, visit www.santeecooper.com.