BERKELEY COUNTY, S.C.–Although the snow has stopped falling, many roads remain frozen with ice.
Berkeley County and SCDOT treated several roads Saturday to improve driving conditions. According to authorities, they placed salt brine along Cypress Gardens Road, Highway 402, Cainhoy Road and Oakley Road.
Drivers are encouraged to avoid driving but to be careful if you must drive on the roads today.
The list below are roads that are still icy and considered dangerous:
- Cypress Gardens Road
- Oakley Road
- Old Highway 52
- Black Tom Road
- Black Tom Extension
- Cooper Store Road
- Mendel Rivers Road
- 17a, at the intersection of Church Street in Macedonia
- Highway 402
- Highway 41, near Highway 402
- Highway 27
- Bethera Road
- Pimlico Blvd.
- Bushy Park Road
- Black Oak Road
- Treeland Drive
- Farmington Road (Closed)
- Santee Rivers Road (Jamestown)
- French Santee
- Clements Ferry Road
- Cainhoy Road
- Wando River Bridge
- Sangaree Parkway
- Copperhead Road
- Witherbee Road
- Foster Creek Road (closed)
- Deerbury Road (closed)
– Snake Rd. – CLOSED all directions
– Crowfield Blvd. – CLOSED from Bridgetown Rd. to Hwy 176 (ONLY section heading toward Hwy 176)
– Old Mt. Holly Rd. – CLOSED from Hwy. 52 to Old Moncks Corner Rd. Both directions.
– Foster Creek Rd.- CLOSED from Snake Rd to Hanahan Town line both directions.
– Westview Blvd. – CLOSED From Hwy 176 to Heritage Trust bank parking lot Both directions.
– Centennial Blvd – CLOSED from Adthan Place to Stonehurst.
Berkeley County officials warn that even though the sun is shining, it should not give you a false sense of security.