ADVERTISE WITH US

banner adThe Berkeley Observer has quickly become the fastest growing online news source for Berkeley County.

If you are looking to gain exposure for your business, political campaign or event—we can help. We offer low-cost advertising that won’t break your bank and is guaranteed to get you noticed.

Approximately 54% of our readers are male while the remaining 46% are female. Our readers’ ages vary greatly. Some of our readers are 18-years-old while others are over 65. The bulk of our readers tend to be between 35 to 44-years-of-age.

WHY US???

  • People read us! On average, we attract anywhere between 1,000 to 3,000 page views for every posted story and approximately 65,000 -100,000 hits a month. That number continues to grow as our readership does.
  • We have the only news app for Berkeley County that can easily be downloaded for free on Google Play. An iPhone app is in the making.
  • We have more than 2-3 times the social media followers than the other hyper local news outlets that focus strictly on Berkeley County.
  • New stories are added to ‘The Berkeley Observer’ 24/7. More stories mean more traffic. More traffic means more people see your ad.
  • Get noticed outside of Berkeley County. Readers in Charleston make up our second biggest demo. According to Google Analytics, we also have readers in Mexico, Italy, Canada, the United Kingdom and France to name a few. We’re not sure why we have readers there but glad we do 🙂 We can only assume perhaps readers there are in the military.
  • We’re AFFORDABLE! We won’t charge you an arm and a leg like traditional newspapers do.

Most of our readers either live in Berkeley County or have close ties to the area.

Here are the top 10 locations where most of our readers come from:

1. Moncks Corner             6. St. Stephen

2. Charleston                     7. Cross

3. Summerville                  8. North Charleston

4. Goose Creek                  9. Hanahan

5. Bonneau                       10. Macedonia

BELOW ARE SOME OF THE NUMBERS TAKEN FROM GOOGLE ADSENSE.  DURING THIS PARTICULAR TIME PERIOD, WE ATTRACTED NEARLY 19,000 PEOPLE TO OUR HOMEPAGE DURING A SEVEN DAY PERIOD.  THIS NUMBER WILL CONTINUE TO GROW.

Google Report 2
Source: Google Adsense

On social media, our stories are also seen by thousands and shared by many more:

facebook still

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We offer a variety of ways for you to advertise with us:

BANNER (Most Popular)

Getting a banner is simple and takes only a few steps:

–We use a 300 x 250 square ad.

–We will design it for FREE & link it to your website or social media page

–Your banner will appear in every posted story of The Berkeley Observer’s homepage

–You can run the ad for as long as you want; however, we do have a minimum commitment of at least three weeks.

–Payment must be received in full prior to the ad running

NOTE: There is a one-time fee of $20 to generate the embed code to add to our webpage and mobile site. This embed code is what makes your banner visible to the public. We don’t make money from this. It’s simply the fee we pay to our ad partner, Bannersnack, to create the code. (BTW, 80% of our website traffic is via smartphones)

Square Ad 300 x 250

Pricing: $4.00 per day

PROMO STORY

Are you looking to gain exposure for your business through media coverage?

We can work with you to develop a clever headline and story to match.

We’ll also include a photo gallery of your business in with the written content.

The finished product will be placed in our business section of The Berkeley Observer and posted to our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram page for thousands to see and read.

PRICE: $100.00

***PLEASE NOTE:  At the end of the article, it must be labeled “sponsored content.”  Confused as to why?  Read this article.

VIDEO

Do you want customers and potential clients to get a better understanding for the services you offer or know you more on a personal level?

A short video can certainly help.

With our HD professional broadcast camera and editing software, The Berkeley Observer can help you put together a professional quality video that you can, in turn, share on your own website or social media site.

We’ll also burn you a DVD copy to keep for your personal records.

The video will run between 2 to 4 minutes in length.

Once it’s edited—to give you exposure from our many viewers, we’ll include the video on our website for seven days. It will also be permanently uploaded to our YouTube channel.

PRICE: $300.00

READY???

Ready to start advertising?  If so, just send us an e-mail at [email protected] and we’ll be in touch within 48 hours.  You can also call The Berkeley Observer at (843) 284-6597.

*Please note, prior to you approving the design of the banner, payment must first be received in full before your banner goes live on the site.

 

***20% DISCOUNT FOR FIRST TIME CLIENTS***